Monday, June 16, 2008

What’s for Dinner?

Today while in town I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some milk. I always check out the meat section to see if anything has been marked down and today I found small pork steaks that were 1 to 1.5 inch thick for $1 per pound, (these were $2.19 regular price).

I love to eat pork but I always run out of ideas for cooking it. The family loves Carne Guisada as well as grilled pork, but I wanted something different this time. After pondering throughout the day I decided to cook the pork steaks with rice like I sometimes do with chicken and it turned out great!

I began by seasoning with salt and pepper and then browning the pork steaks on each side. From here I put them in an oven proof dish, added 1-cup of rice, 2 ½ cups of water and covered the pan; Bake at 350-degrees for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
It was delicious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That does look delicious..
Could I please have some spinach with mine? :)

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop