Friday, August 29, 2008

Yesterday's Unexpected Bargain

Yesterday was my day to go to town and since I am a "Bargain Shopper" I am always on the lookout for a great deal; boy did I ever find a great deal!
My local grocery store had Pilgrim's Pride chicken marked down to 99-cents per package. These were originally marked $2.19 per pound; I was able to purchase 8-packages, each package averaged 3 to 3.5 pounds.
Once I got home these went straight into my freezer which stays well stocked with great unexpected deals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is a fabulous bargain! And remember....Monday is the best day NORMALLY to find bargains like that.....the stores stock up for weekend shoppers and try to push off a few "light" bargains to get people in the store, but come Monday, those steaks that will expire, chicken, ground turkey, pork loin, etc.....they will be bargain priced! And they are usually in a "corner" of the cold case meats.....I have found several bargains like you found on this chicken....especially expensive cuts of beef and pork. It's fun shopping for bargains!!

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop