Monday, March 1, 2010

Chenille Blanket

Whenever possible I like giving handmade gifts, especially to babies. So on Saturday, while trying to decide on a gift, I visited my local Jo Ann's in search of the perfect fabric for a baby blanket. I was drawn to the chenille fabric and was surprised at how heavy it was.After visiting with one of the ladies working the cutting table I decided to back the chenille with flannel; the two combinations worked very well together.
I must say I loved how nice the blanket felt when completed.

6 comments:

Helen Ruth said...

Very nice!!!

Packrat said...

What a lucky baby! Love the colors and your applique.

QuiltedSimple said...

what a lovely gift! the applique is gorgeous
kris

Browndirtcottage said...

Your baby blanket is lovely Patty....two perfect fabric combinations!!

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty!!!
Check out my blog.. I finally started posting our trip.

Ann said...

ADORABLE!!!

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop