Friday, October 29, 2010

A Small Sewing Project

I have been searching blogs for project ideas for one of the sewing classes I am currently teaching. This class consists of older kids which is nice because they catch on quickly but on the other hand, because they sew fast, I am quickly running out of ideas.
On the blog Retro Mama I saw a cute patchwork plastic bag holder which I knew would be a great class project. After digging through some of my fabric scraps here is my version of a patchwork bag holder.
I added ribbon to the top so it would easily open when adding more plastic bags;
And easily close once filled.
The bottom opening has elastic so the plastic bags will pull out with ease.
I am very pleased with this patchwork bag and I think the kids will like making one too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turned out real nice and a perfect project for the kids.

Helen Ruth said...

Love it!!!!!

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop