Thursday, February 23, 2012

Always on the Lookout for a Deal

When I go into the grocery store I am always on watch for an unadvertised sale or markdowns.
One day I found two pound cartons of strawberries marked 99-cents. What a deal!

I purchased 20 pounds since the price was so good.

When I got home I spent the evening washing and slicing strawberries.

The chickens were able to share in the bargain too.

Of course we had to dip a few of the berries.

But most of the berries were put into the freezer;

To be served in May as strawberry shortcake as well as added to ice cream for a big celebration that is coming up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look so delicious.. today I'm going to be checking Aldi's to see if they have theirs on sale.. it's getting that season..

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop