Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Canopy Bed for Christmas

Two or three months ago I spotted a canopy bed on Craig's List. I was excited even though the asking price was $500. The bed turned out to be loose and wobbly so we didn't buy it. Then, not even a week later, I spotted the exact same bed at a used furniture store minus the canopy top for $50. Wow was I ever excited!
Pat spent about 3 days making a canopy frame out of copper tubing for the bed.
 The color of the tubing and the color of the wood worked very well giving the bed a nice antique look.
Elizabeth was very happy with the bed. Now I need to find just the right fabric for making the actual canopy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an amazing find! I bet Elizabeth is going to cherish the bed even more that her parents put so much time into it. I can't wait to see it when it's all finished.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop