Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sewing Class Drawstring Bag Project

Project number two for my upcoming co-op class is a drawstring bag. The outside is a lightweight denim and is lined on the inside with a red checked lightweight cotton fabric.
The monogram was made using a medium weight cotton apple print fabric. The bag has a nice country feel and I'm very pleased with how it all came together.

 For the drawstrings I simply used the same fabric that was used to line the bag. The ties were cut at 2-inches wide, the width of the fabric, tri-folded and iron before stitching.
As I was working on this bag I was afraid it might be too hard for a beginner sewing class, but decided it was nice enough to have the kids make it anyway; we'll simply spend the extra time needed to make it work.

No comments:

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop