Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A Homemade Gift

When giving a gift, I prefer to make something whenever possible; even if it means the gift is given later than planned.
 My original plan was to make a baby blanket for a friend's daughter, but now the little girl is no longer a baby; so I made a toddler blanket. 
I used a Robert Kaufman Girlfriends charm pack for the front.
 The back is Loralie Harris Big Blossoms.
 As an added bonus, I decided to make a rag doll to coordinate with the quilt.
 I used some of the fabric leftovers for the skirt;
 And the bow.
 The doll turned out so cute and goes very well with the finished quilt.
Here it is all packaged up.
I'm so very pleased with both the quilt and the doll and I don't think my friend, or her daughter, will mind that the gift was so late in coming.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop