Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day Trip Disappointment

On Monday Elizabeth and I went on another "day trip"; sadly our plans didn't turn out the way I had hoped. We headed for Plainview to visit their antique stores but they were all closed! I know museums are usually closed on Monday, but an antique store? The day wasn't a total lost though....we ate some of the best sopapillas ever!We ate lunch at a restaurant called Little Mexico and had sopapillas for dessert. They were very flaky, drizzled in honey, drizzled in caramel, sprinkled with cinnamon and whipped cream to dip them in!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't seem to win with trips but that desert sure looks delicious.. now I know what you meant when you said my desert reminded you of yours :-)

Heather said...

Those sopapillas do look terrific :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog; your kind words made my day. Hope you have a fabulous one as well!

Ann said...

YUMM! I wanted some at one of the restaurants we stopped at in CO, but the waitress aggravated me and we were ready to get back on the road, so I didn't order them.

Helen Ruth said...

Yum! Sounds like a sweet way to end one's day, although I too would have been disappointed on all those MONDAY closings! Sounds like you need another trip to Austin!! :D

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop