Saturday, September 4, 2010

My New Best Friend

Meet my new best friend...we have spent a couple of days together and are getting along very well.We began having trouble with the other mower soon after attempting to fix it. I began searching for another mower but each time I located one and would call it was sold. The weeds in the front yard kept getting taller and thicker and I was getting desperate!
Thank goodness Pat found us a nice used mower at an affordable price! Now the yard is looking better and I no longer feel like we live in the middle of a weed patch.
While working in the yard Pat cut some cedar chips to put in the house; they smell wonderful!
The cedar chips came from this big cedar tree that is in our front yard. I have never liked how this tree looks but it sure smell good.
My favorite part about working in the yard is hauling dead branches to be burned.
I love how a fire looks and smells.

4 comments:

Helen Ruth said...

Thankfully Alan does most of the mowing. We finally broke down and bought a brand new mower this year, as our old mower lasted us for almost 10 years (and we bought it used.) Sure wish you lived neareby and could share those pine chips! Love that smell!

Helen Ruth said...

Thankfully Alan does most of the mowing. We finally broke down and bought a brand new mower this year, as our old mower lasted us for almost 10 years (and we bought it used.) Sure wish you lived neareby and could share those pine chips! Love that smell!

Anonymous said...

Yard work is hard work.. I did some myself the other day and it was exhausting..

Packrat said...

Isn't it funny how the most mundane things can make us so happy. Sure beats cutting the grass/weeds by hand.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop