Monday, August 22, 2011

Beef Tips Over Rice

Today I made some of the best beef tips using my pressure cooker. I began by Browning the meat, which was a steak I cut into bite size pieces, in olive oil. I seasoned the meat with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and an onion cut in half. When it was time to add the water I stirred in a tablespoon of brown gravy powder. Next I cooked it at 10-pounds for 40-minutes.

Adding the powdered gravy mix was the perfect touch; it blended so well into the meat and broth. The flavor was rich and the meat was so tender.

4 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

I'm drooling Patty!!! I have never done this because I just knew it would probable be tough! I am earmarking this and will try it. I just never thought about using my pressure cooker!!!

Any recipe I have ever tried of yours as always been good and delicious!!
thanks for sharing!!!

Packrat said...

Isn't this a great way to cook a tough piece of meat in a fairly short period of time? Looks delicious.

I am going to gain ten pounds just reading your posts. LOL

I need to get my pressure cooker tested. I even know who does it. It is just making the appointment and remembering to load the cooker up to drop off as were heading to the city to shop.

Unknown said...

Yum!! I have a pressure canner/cooker and will have to try this. I'm planning on trying to can some meat this fall. My guys hunt and my freezer just gets too full!

Also, the pies look great!

Anonymous said...

I keep planning on making this but never thought of using the pressure cooker... will have to give it a try

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop