Thursday, January 12, 2012

Homemade Noodles

I have made homemade noodles for years and usually just roll them out by hand. After recently visiting my mom, and talking a lot about cooking, I decided to dig out the pasta attachment for my mixer.
It usually takes me awhile to get used to a new gadget and it has been over a year since I played with this.

I love how thin the rollers make your dough. Some day I plan to make homemade crackers and will use this attachment since I love thin and crispy crackers.

After pressing the dough I then switch to the noodle cutter; it makes them very uniform.

Yum, a perfect pot of chicken noodle soup.

My pasta maker is fun to play with but it takes more time than just rolling and cutting dough by hand. Now I remember why it is I haven't used this attachment in awhile.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!! I would love your pasta recipe. Is it good with spaghetti sauce also?

Anonymous said...

I found those attachments on (u know where) for a real good price but I might want to talk to you before buying them.. I might not want to have to dig my mixer out every time I want some noodles :)
Just cleaning that pasta extruder I have was a chore.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop