Saturday, May 5, 2012

Rice Cooker

A bargain isn't a bargain if you don't use what you buy.
Several years ago I found a neat little stove top rice cooker at a garage sale for 1-dollar. Sadly I couldn't figure out how to use it.
Right before making the decision to get rid of the cooker I searched the Internet and found a man looking to buy a stove top cooker. I took time to send him an e-mail asking how the cooker was used and thankfully he shared with me the simple steps.
 The rice cooker works pretty much like a normal pot except the bottom pan holds water which makes steam for the top pan. Originally I thought the rice was to go in the top pan dry and the steam would cook it.
 After measuring my rice and water I cover and cook for 20 minutes.
 What a difference this cooker makes.
The rice comes out fluffy and moist and does not stick at the bottom. So glad I didn't get rid of my cooker as planned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay so you lost me.. if the rice doesn't go in the top pan then what is it for?

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop