Monday, July 6, 2009

Evening Work

This evening Pat used the weed eater and cut down the weeds on the outer edge of the garden. While he did this I hoed and pulled weeds. My green beans are looking so nice; I'm getting so anxious to begin picking them.
I ran out of tomato cages so this evening I put up several stakes around the last of my tomato plants.
Each time I plant a garden I always put the vining plants too close together; this year was no different. Some of the watermelon plants have worked their way into the corn patch.
Elizabeth has been having fun finding small watermelons.
It's hard to believe the garden is doing so well after all the problems in the beginning.

4 comments:

Momzoo said...

YOur garden looks so nice! We had a super cold and wet spring and lost all the mellons and winter squash! :-(

Anonymous said...

You garden is looking really good..
I keep noticing how red your dirt is.. must be a lot of clay mixed into the sand.
It won't hurt anything to turn the vines that are heading into the corm and make them go the other way.

QuiltedSimple said...

Your garden looks wonderful! I need to remember to give all the grasses I pull to the chickens - I always manage to forget:) Glad you have had a good couple weekends!
Kris

Helen Ruth said...

Best garden on Mars! Looks like all your hard work is paying off!

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop