Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pancake Festival

Each year we meet with friends to eat dinner at the annual Lions Club Pancake Festival.It cost 5-dollars per ticket for all you can eat pancakes and sausage.
The event is very large and perfect for visiting with family and friends.
This year the Lions Club was trying to set a Guinness World Record for making the most pancakes in an 8-hour period.
While we were eating it was announced that the festival did in fact set a new record; the amounted reached today was 66,459 pancakes in an 8-hour period; the old record was 34,818.The festival provides margarine and syrup to go on your pancakes;
But I always bring peanut butter from home; pancakes just don't taste right without peanut butter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure looked delicious.. but you can have my share of the peanut butter :)

Ann said...

I thought I was the only one who ate peanutbutter on my pancakes!! When I was doing day care, I converted a few kids to eating them that way, too.....Moms would ask about it when their kids would ask for it at home.

Helen Ruth said...

I ALWAYS eat peanutbutter on my pancakes! I won't have it any other way. I think I'm going to have peanutbutter pancakes for breakfast tomorrow!

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop