In between moving and settling in I have been working on a commission quilt.
I loved having an empty room big enough to lay out the quilt.
Recently I read on-line that painters tape worked well for taping a quilt to the floor.
It did work very well and pulled up off the floor with no trouble.
This quilt is a queen size so I used almost every quilting pin I own.
To help hold up the bulk of the quilt I set up my ironing board. It worked but wobbled a lot.
Chenille was used for the sashing. It's very pretty and adds a lot of weight to the quilt.
The back is a striped fabric which I also used for the binding.
I really love how the stripes worked for the binding.
And now it's finished and ready for a new home. Up next, some sewing for Elizabeth.