Monday, May 28, 2012

Quilt Project

   The last couple of weeks has been very busy around here.
 In between moving and settling in I have been working on a commission quilt.
 I loved having an empty room big enough to lay out the quilt. 
 Recently I read on-line that painters tape worked well for taping a quilt to the floor.
It did work very well and pulled up off the floor with no trouble.
 This quilt is a queen size so I used almost every quilting pin I own.
 To help hold up the bulk of the quilt I set up my ironing board. It worked but wobbled a lot.
 Chenille was used for the sashing. It's very pretty and adds a lot of weight to the quilt. 
 The back is a striped fabric which I also used for the binding.
 I really love how the stripes worked for the binding.
And now it's finished and ready for a new home. Up next, some sewing for Elizabeth.

4 comments:

Jody said...

The quilt is beautiful! I'm sure quilting that was a lot of work, it looks great.

Pat aka Posh said...

I finally remembered to come check it out.. it sure did turn out pretty.. a lot of work there kiddo

SchneiderPeeps said...

Absolutely beautiful! How fun that your getting to do some fun stuff in the middle of moving and settling in.

Packrat said...

Very pretty! Never thought of using tape. Great idea.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop