Thursday, May 17, 2012

Baking in a Toaster Oven

I have had great success baking cakes, cookies, cobblers, biscuits.... in a toaster oven. The one item that    has always been a challenge was baking a loaf of bread.
My new toaster oven is taller than normal so I decided to see if it were possible to bake a loaf of bread without it burning or under cooking. I placed a sheet of foil on the top of the bread so if it rose too high the bread wouldn't stick and make a mess.
 It's a good thing I used the foil because the bread rose higher than expected and pushed up against the top of the oven.
 The bottom of the bread cooked perfectly.
 When I cut the bread in half I was very pleased to see it was completely cooked.
Now I'm set for baking all summer without heating up the house.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, the bread looks amazing! I didn't know toaster ovens could be so high, that's pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious Patty

Helen Ruth said...

Looks good! Did you use regular white flour? Also, have you ever baked any white wheat berries for your cakes? That's our next project. I'm going to set the mill to the finest setting and bake with the white wheat. The Indian store down the road sells white wheat berries.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop