Thursday, April 1, 2010

Apple Crisp

Today I opened a jar of apples I canned last year;
And made an apple crisp.
Begin by placing apples in a baking dish;
In a bowl cut 1/3 cup butter into small pieces;
To this add 1 cup brown sugar;
Half a cup flour;
Half a cup oatmeal;
And 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
Blend well;
Sprinkle this over the apples and bake 30 minutes at 350-degrees.
Serve plain or with vanilla ice cream.
Elizabeth wasn't sure she was going to like apple crisp since she could not remember ever eating it. I am happy to say she loved it!

6 comments:

Packrat said...

Yummy! Aren't home canned fruits the best?

Packrat said...

PS - All it is missing (but not really) is some good thick cream...

Anonymous said...

Great minds must think alike because I also made apple crisp this past week using apples I'd frozen.. ate ours hot with scoop of vanilla ice cream.. delicious!!

Helen Ruth said...

My oh my!! (sigh)

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh YUM Patty...this is one of my all time favorites!!

Have a WONDERFUL Easter!!

QuiltedSimple said...

oh yummy! hope you had a wonderful Easter
Kris

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop