Saturday, December 18, 2010

Apple Cider Experiment

Yesterday the bank had a customer appreciation table set up with sweet treats and also warm cider. The cider was so good I decided to buy some at the grocery store to warm up at home; but the store was sold out.
This morning I attempted to make some, if it was possible. I began my experiment with plain apple juice.
Adding to the juice two thinly sliced apples.
And boiling until soft. I next put them in the blender on high.
This puree was then added back to the pot with more apple juice.
The end results were nothing like cider!
Oh well, maybe next time.

1 comment:

Ann said...

It was nothing like cider, but was it good? I love cider, too. Never buy it, though, not sure why. I used to have a recipe for a hot punch made with cranberry juice, pineapple juice, lemons, cloves, sugar...can't remember everything, but you make it in a perculator and it's even better than apple cider. Ok,now I have to go find that recipe!

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop