Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Preparation Day 7

Although I love to sew, and I am very much a morning person, I have not enjoyed entering the sewing room when I first awake and staying until I am too tired to see for day after day after day; however, this being said, all the long hours sitting at the machine has produced a quilt top that is about 85-percent complete; I only lack the border and stitching out the family name.Working with all these pretty fabrics has been very fun; I love this blue fabric with birds the most. If it wasn't for the price, 10-dollars per yard, I would love to make Elizabeth a dress from it.
The focus of the quilt is 5 Bible verses and 15 names representing the kids and grandchildren.
My favorite font is script, I love how it looks like cursive.
If all goes well I will soon buy the fabric for the back and begin the machine quilting.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Very pretty, Patti. You've done a great job, and I'm sure the quilting will be just as great!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors.. great job!!!

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop