Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Project for Jonathan pt. 3

Taking time to tape down the quilt backing has really made a nice difference on how smooth my quilt backs are turning out.
I was expecting the top to be easy to pin and stitch since each t-shirt square has interfacing ironed on....but it wasn't.
When it was time to begin the quilting I had problems with puckering as well as little bunches here and there where the t-shirt fabric just would not stay put; because of this I was not able to quilt it as heavy as I would have liked.
Overall I am pleased with the quilt. I like how the denim looks and I really like the extra weight the denim adds.
I like this idea of turning t-shirts into memory quilts; what a good idea someone had!

2 comments:

Ann said...

I wish I had your energy! No, I guess what I really wish is I didn't have to go to work every day! lol I have a quilt almost ready to quilt. The top is basted to the batting(spray basting). All that's left is adding the backing and stitching! I hope to finish it this week. It's for Grace's big girl bed. Will take pictures.

Anonymous said...

Great job Patty.. I'm proud of you.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop