Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Project for Jonathan pt. 3

Taking time to tape down the quilt backing has really made a nice difference on how smooth my quilt backs are turning out.
I was expecting the top to be easy to pin and stitch since each t-shirt square has interfacing ironed on....but it wasn't.
When it was time to begin the quilting I had problems with puckering as well as little bunches here and there where the t-shirt fabric just would not stay put; because of this I was not able to quilt it as heavy as I would have liked.
Overall I am pleased with the quilt. I like how the denim looks and I really like the extra weight the denim adds.
I like this idea of turning t-shirts into memory quilts; what a good idea someone had!

2 comments:

Ann said...

I wish I had your energy! No, I guess what I really wish is I didn't have to go to work every day! lol I have a quilt almost ready to quilt. The top is basted to the batting(spray basting). All that's left is adding the backing and stitching! I hope to finish it this week. It's for Grace's big girl bed. Will take pictures.

Pat aka Posh said...

Great job Patty.. I'm proud of you.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop