Sunday, July 3, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream

Several years ago I tried making homemade ice cream but it had a strong "cream" taste that I didn't like. With the weather being so hot I decided to begin a search once again and settled on this recipe from the Eagle Brand web site.Another reason to make ice cream, aside from the heat, was to try out my new ice cream attachment that fits my KitchenAid mixer. It worked very well and was so simple to use.

The ice cream was delicious! I plan to make this recipe several more times this summer adding fresh strawberries the next time.

4 comments:

Packrat said...

There is an ice cream making attachment??? Wow. That will have to go on my wish list.

I love homemade ice cream, but I don't ever make a recipe that calls for uncooked eggs.

Anonymous said...

That's the attachment I found online.. I guess I'll have to break down and buy one.. you ice cream sure looks delicious.. wish you lived closer so I could share my fresh fruit.. yum

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. Thank you for the non pressure cooker green bean canning know how. I remember my grandmother never had a pressure cooker, but boy were her green beans good.

Anonymous said...

Oh and your tomato plants look great. Mine are just blooming. I have one that came through (in a greenhouse)frost and then 7 inches of snow on April 18th! Out of 76 plants it is the only one that survived, It will be my seed plant for next year thanks for the blog

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop