Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Quilt Club Block 1 of 12

In November, while visiting my local Bernina store, I signed up for their monthly quilt club. It meets once a month for a year; at a cost of $5. Last week was our first meeting.
The store supplies all the fabric needed to complete one block each month and during the class they also show samples of an assembled block.

In the packet of fabric are instruction and a paper pattern that is needed to complete your block.

When your block is finished you bring it back to class and show that is has been completed; then the store gives you, free of charge, the next block. When the year is up you have enough blocks to make a quilt.

This is my first completed block.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I did a block of the month several times with a small fabric store that used to be in our area. It was a great non stressful way to learn new techniques and then have a great quilt to show for it. I can't wait to see your completed quilt.

Anonymous said...

Nice job Patty.. will the other blocks be different colors?

Browndirtcottage said...

I had always wondered about this once a month deal, seems to be a pretty large group! Looks like you will have something wonderful when you are finished!!

I haven't been in there in over a year and they stopped mailing me a quarterly newsletter/project/calendar of events.....maybe they just stopped the mail out all together with everyone....I guess I could get on line to see what classes are going on. I need to go back and take the free machine embroidery classes again!

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop