Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Fair

 Each year I always think of entering items in the fair when it's too late. Thankfully this year was different and we remembered!
Here Elizabeth is sitting outside the building with her items; hand embroidery, a skirt and her glass rooster.
 This building, the women's building, is my absolute favorite place to visit when we go to the fair. I love looking at all the handmade items people enter; it's a great place to get ideas for future projects.
Here is Elizabeth answering questions about the items she is entering.
And here she is waiting for my turn; I entered two quilts.
 My quilt club quilt from last year won 1st place.
 My king scrap quilt didn't win anything.
 I baked some biscuits and won Honorable Mention.
 Plus I made some of my sugar pecans which won 2nd place. I brought extras of these and the volunteers couldn't keep from eating them.
 Elizabeth's glass rooster won 1st place and Best of the show.
 And it was placed in a case with other items that won Best of the Show.
 The skirt Elizabeth made won 2nd place. It was a simple A-line made from blue corduroy fabric that she plans to wear this winter.
 Elizabeth won 1st place for her hand embroidery; it's a raccoon standing by a tree.
 She also made some oatmeal raisin cookies and won 3rd place. We brought extras of the cookies too and the volunteers just raved over them.
Our experience with the fair this year was amazing and so much fun. We are already thinking about next year and what we want to enter again.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Congrats on all of your winnings! And that's a beautiful quilt.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop