Thursday, June 26, 2014

Homemade Pasta

 Homemade pasta noodles are amazing to make and amazing to eat.
The recipe is simple, 1-large egg to 1-cup flour.
 
Once the dough is ready it needs to be covered and allowed to rest for 3 or 4 hours.
 
I have a set of pasta cutters with roller that works on my Kitchen Aid mixer; which makes rolling out the dough so very easy.
I love how you can make your pasta noodles as long as you want;
And as thin as you like. 
 When cut, the noodles look just like hair.
 Ideally the noodles should hang to dry;
 But I place mine on clean dishtowels when cooking them right away.
 Homemade noodles cook in 4 to 5 minutes.
And they taste amazing!
I also make my own homemade spaghetti sauce using canned tomato sauce, spices and ground beef.

No comments:

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop