Thursday, October 12, 2017

Bed Sheet Corner Alteration

Years ago, when I had trouble with a sheet slipping off the corner of a mattress, I learned about a special clip with elastic that is used to keep the sheet corner in place. This idea was simple and easily copied by sewing a piece of wide elastic in place and my problem was fixed.

Recently I had another sheet slipping at the corners, but kept forgetting to stop by the fabric store for some wide elastic, so this time I decided to be creative and came up with another solution. I began with a piece of stretch fabric, which I had in my stash, and roughly cut it to 16-inches square.
 This was then folded in half, corner to corner, and pinned to the wright side of the sheet corner.
 I stitched it down avoiding the elastic already on the sheet.
 After turning the corner inside out, I had created a nice pocket; which was repeated for the other three corners.
These pockets fits snug on my mattress and I haven't had one corner slip since making this alteration.
The pockets work so well that I am planning on replacing the elastic currently being  used on my other sheets.

No comments:

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop