Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oven Roasted Potatoes

Here is how I make oven roasted potatoes. I learned how to make these while visiting my sister-in-law Cathey.

Begin with raw potatoes that have been scrubbed and all blemishes removed.
Cut them into wedges and place in a plastic bag.
Drizzle oil over the potatoes and then sprinkle on creole seasoning and black pepper. My sister-in-law used a 7-pepper blend but I have not located this at the store yet and black pepper has been working fine.
Close the plastic bag and shake very well. This step evenly coats the potato wedges.
Now place them in an oven proof dish.
Bake at 400-degrees until the potatoes are tender.
I like to make extras so we can have them again the next day with lunch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious!!
I make these using melted butter, granulated garlic, herb of choice such as thyme or rosemary, salt, fresh ground black pepper then just before serving I sprinkle parmesan cheese over them.
Very good the next day served with eggs and bacon.

Fran said...

OOooh!!! Looks so yummy, makes me want to go make some right now.

~~Fran...:c)

SLEastler said...

I also make extra so we can have hash browns with eggs and pancakes or muffins for another meal. It's so easy when all you have to do is re-heat your potatoes for a few minutes! Love your blog by the way! We are a fairly self-sufficient family that is becoming even more so. Sara

Anonymous said...

I make these using lemon pepper. Do you mind if I link your page on my blog. Your pictures are much better than my written instructions.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop