Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Curtain Repair

Lately I have felt very lazy with little interest in beginning any new sewing projects. So today I decided to repair Elizabeth's curtains; since I knew it would be a short project.I had made these curtain several years ago but made a small mistake in the top hem that fits over the curtain rod. Although the curtains fit the rods fine, when you try to open them up the extra fabric bunches too much and I was tired of having to tug when opening and closing the curtains.
So today I ripped out the old stitching, added a strip of fabric, and re-hemmed them. Now they work perfectly and I am very please with how much easier it is to open and close the curtains.

3 comments:

Posh And Trendy Back to Basics said...

I see what you meant when you said it looked like you intended for the strip to be there.. great job and their very pretty curtains.

QuiltedSimple said...

Great job - very pretty and now you have the bonus that they are even easier to open!
Kris

belinda said...

'Good' mommy!!....and cute curtains

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop