Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fall Garden Prep

We have begun the preparations for our fall garden. Having never had a fall garden I am somewhat anxious to see what it will be like. After reading a magazine article on the subject I learned shade is needed to keep the hot August sun from killing newly emerging seedlings; so, Pat began planning and has come up with a solution.
Metal ribs draped with fabric should make enough shade to protect the seedlings; plus I am planning on setting out a soaker hose to keep the ground moist.
The plan for now is to start carrots, which did not come up at all this year, lettuce, spinach and broccoli.

3 comments:

Enid said...

Great Idea, humm . I most attemp to do this with you as well. I have the trampoline safety net bars like U shape I could use for this. I t was nice to see you yesterday.

Momzoo said...

be so thankful you have a long growing season!

Anonymous said...

That looks so neat and should work great.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop