Thursday, April 19, 2012

Farm House in the Country...My Chamber Kitchen Stove

More than 8-years ago, while traveling through New Mexico, we stopped by a junk store and found the most amazing stove ever. I just had to have it and we promptly put it on lay-a-way. Sadly this stove had to be crated and stored because our kitchen was too small for the stove to fit. However, my new temporary kitchen is just the right size and now after all this time I get to use my new stove.
Let me just say I love it! The top has 3 burners, a thermo well and a griddle.
The thermo well is deep and works similar to a crock pot. I have pans that fit into the well for soup or for three different foods to cook all at once.

The griddle is big and will work well for pancakes or grilled cheese.

Under the griddle is the broiler.

On one side of the stove is a "pantry" which is used for storing pots and pans. I plan to use this for my cast iron skillets.

Next to the pantry is the oven. I have already baked some bread in the oven and although it's small I was able to bake two loaves at one time.

I have a lot to learn about my new stove but so far I am really loving it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that stove.. it kind of reminds me of the one in Grandma Betty's kitchen.. always wished I could talk her out of it :-)
You're going to love that thermo well when soup weather gets here.

Unknown said...

oh. my. goodness. Can I just say the green eyed monster reared it's ugly head when I saw the picture? just kidding. We had a similar stove for about 5 years and sold it when we sold our home in San Antonio. I loved it, it had 6 burners and 2 ovens. I cannot wait until I can get another 6 burner stove. I know you'll enjoy it.

Helen Ruth said...

That is the best stove EVER!!! Green eyed moster is now at MY house!

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop