Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cooking With My Home Canned Beans

 Today I made a pot of homemade chili....
And used a jar of my home canned beans. They were so packed in the jar it was hard getting them to come out without squishing them. I wasn't sure how they would work in the chili, but they worked very well.
 The flavor was amazing too! There's just something about beans and ham broth.
I make my chili with taco meat, garlic powder, chili powder, tomato sauce and beans. It's simple and taste so good.

2 comments:

Rachel E. said...

We made chili last night. Seems like an appropriate meal for cold weather.

Packrat said...

Aren't beans cooked in ham broth the only way to cook them? LOL They do make wonderful chili (and other bean dishes) taste better. Your home canned beans look beautiful.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop