Saturday, December 1, 2012

Making Dolls

 Elizabeth has been invited to a tea party by some friends. She went last year and had such a good time. As a Thank You gift for her invitation I decided to make a ballerina doll for each of her friends.
This first doll was my practice doll. The pattern suggested using felt for the hair but since I didn't have any I used corduroy instead. And I must say it worked very well.
The original doll pattern, Simplicity 1900, isn't for a ballerina so I improvised by adding a bun to the top of the head, pink to the feet for shoes and ribbon to the legs for laces.
 Once my practice doll was finished I knew what changes I wanted to make to the other two dolls.
 I began by adding a larger bow to each bun; it stands out well.
 And I used thinner ribbon for the leg laces.
 All in all I am very pleased with all three dolls.
Elizabeth loves her doll, she gets the practice doll, and I'm pretty sure her friends are going to love their doll too.

4 comments:

Rachel E. said...

Those are adorable, and you are talented.

Pat aka Posh said...

Very cute Patty.. I can see how it was a lot of work.. those arms and legs are so tiny but you managed and did a great job.

SchneiderPeeps said...

you did a great job! I bet the girls are going to love them.

Packrat said...

The dolls are really cute. Great idea to use corduroy!

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop