Monday, October 28, 2013

Riley Blake Boy Crazy Quilt pt. 1

Today I started working on a quilt that is to be a gift for a friend. I have wanted to make a quilt like this for some time but wasn't sure if I would be able to create the pattern myself. The idea for this quilt came from a blog and quilts that are being sold on etsy.
Working on the pattern was very much like piecing together a puzzle. Basically I created assorted sizes of squares and rectangles that will be connected together with sashing.
 The fabric I will be using on the quilt is called Boy Crazy by Riley Blake.
I purchased as many pieces in the Boy Crazy collection that I could find. 
There are 3 colors of this fabric print; orange, white and teal.
 
Three pieces of this print; teal, orange and red.
 
Two pieces of this print; orange and teal.
 
Three pieces in this print; teal and white. The third fabric is near the end.
Three pieces in this print; orange; yellow and teal.
 
Three pieces of this print; yellow on white, orange on white and teal on white. This fabric is cute but I prefer the fabric with a more defined print and only purchased this for added variety.
This is the third car pint and my favorite in grey. I will be using this print for the back of the quilt.
I seldom purchase fabric at regular price but decided to splurge since I want the baby quilt to be extra special. 
More to come as I make progress on this project.

2 comments:

Rachel E. said...

I'm loving the fabric choices. It looks like a winner project. I can't wait to see the end product.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the quilt. Your friend is going to be so excited.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop