The quilt top went together nicely and I must say I'm very excited with how the top turned out.
For the batting I decided to try an 80-percent cotton 20-percent poly. When I first took it out of the package I wasn't impressed as it just didn't feel like a cotton batting.
Plus, it was just as thin as cotton batting; I've been frustrated lately with how thin fabrics and batting have been. To solve this problem I decided to double the batting for the baby quilt.
Surprisingly the batting worked very well.
As I did the quilting it felt just like cotton.
Plus the second layer made the quilt feel plush.
I'm so pleased with the end results.