Thursday, November 14, 2013

Riley Blake Boy Crazy Quilt pt. 3

The quilt top went together nicely and I must say I'm very excited with how the top turned out.
 For the batting I decided to try an 80-percent cotton 20-percent poly. When I first took it out of the package I wasn't impressed as it just didn't feel like a cotton batting.
Plus, it was just as thin as cotton batting; I've been frustrated lately with how thin fabrics and batting have been. To solve this problem I decided to double the batting for the baby quilt.
 Surprisingly the batting worked very well.
 As I did the quilting it felt just like cotton.
Plus the second layer made the quilt feel plush.
I'm so pleased with the end results.

3 comments:

A slice of Urban Living said...

It's beautiful Patty

Unknown said...

oh, Patty, the quilt is so fun. I know it´s going to be well loved.

Browndirtcottage said...

Well, you should be pleased….this is w-a-y cute!

That Riley Blake fabric combo is VERY appealing!!

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop