Sunday, May 12, 2013

Kitchen Chairs

A year ago we purchased a set of used kitchen chairs. Each chair needed new fabric because the old seat cover fabric was pretty worn. After putting off this project, for far too long, I decided it was time to get the job done and out of the way.
I started by removing the old seat, foam and fabric. Once done it was simple to measure how much fabric would be needed as well as how to attach the new fabric.
 Sometime back I purchased some clearance upholstery fabric and some heavy clear plastic to go over the fabric; this way any spills could easily be cleaned up without staining the new cover. Both pieces were stapled to the underside of the chair pad.
 This was such an easy job and I was totally amazed at how nice the chair looked once the seat cover was screwed in place.
Here is a side by side comparison. 
The hardest part of covering the chair was removing the staples used to hold the old fabric.
As soon as the first chair was finished I started another one; 2 chairs done and 4 more to go!
I love how my chairs are turning out!

4 comments:

Angi Schneider said...

They look great. It's amazing what a little fabric can do for a chair.

Pat aka Posh said...

They look very nice Patty

Rachel E. said...

They look great! It really is amazing how easy it is to fix those things.

Packrat said...

The chairs look brand new.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop