Saturday, July 6, 2013

Lace Curtains

Our music room has a lot of windows and I love all the natural light that comes in each day. When we first moved in I pictured lace curtains hanging on the windows. However, lace curtains can be pretty expensive so my solution was to just use lace panels.
At a recent estate sale I found some for 2-dollars each. The panels were long, which is what I was wanting, and they were in great shape.
 One item that didn't come with the panels were tie backs. Thankfully this was an easy fix, I simply used some lace I already had in my sewing room. Each tie back was then secured with T-pins.
 I absolutely love how this room turned out. It's very cozy with an elegant Victorian feel.
This project was such a huge success that I am now wondering what can be done in our other rooms.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how it turned out, too. It's always so fun to be able to do what you've envisioned. Good luck on the other rooms.

msn live statistics
Hewlett Packard Laptop